Chalkboard chopping board
Chalkboards are useful additions in the home, none more so than in the kitchen. We’ve made several over the years but this is a cute chopping board makeover using a chopping board from The Range and Chalkboard from PlastiKote spray paint that you can hang up or sit on the kitchen counter to jot down reminders for your shopping list or appointments.
You will need:
Chopping Board (ours is from The Range)
PlastiKote Chalkboard spray paint
PlastiKote Twist & Spray Primer
- Make sure the board is clean and dry.
- Spread newspaper/dust sheets out in a well-ventilated working area or preferably outside
- We recommend priming bare wood because of its porous nature. Following instructions on the can, prime the board with PlastiKote Twist & Spray Primer.
- When thoroughly dry, apply a couple of layers of PlastiKote Chalkboard spray paint. You can re-coat at anytime.
- Allow to dry. The board will be touch dry in 2-3 hours but allow 7 days before using chalk on it.
Here are a couple of other projects for the kitchen using PlastiKote Chalkboard spray paint.
These cute spice jars are a great way of using up leftover Chalkboard spray paint.
Recycle old place mats with a can of Chalkboard spray paint. Great for place names at a dinner party or keeping the children amused between courses.