We absolutely love this découpage project and many thanks to Jo Lewis for sending us the picture. Découpage is a great way to personalise a piece of furniture – and in this case to use up old comic books!
Jo used Twist & Spray Bright Red Gloss to complement the X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man and other hero characters. We’re sending Jo a selection of Twist & Spray colours for her next project.
If you’ve completed a project, we’d love to see it. Do include a before picture if you have one. Send to email@example.com.
If we publish your project, we’ll send you a selection of spray paints for your next project.
Going back to school or uni? Encourage a tidy desk with a tin can sprayed in your favourite colour to put pens, rulers and scissors in. Spray a tuna tin can or similar and use for paperclips. Or, why not make a stationery station by gluing three or four cans of various sizes together and spraying.
In the second of our summer dining features, we show you how to create colourful placemats for your table.
You will need:
Paper Doilies (available from Hobbycraft, The Range and other good retailers)
Newspaper, cardboard and dust sheets
PlastiKote Fluorescent Spray Paint
- Spread newspaper/dust sheets out in a well-ventilated working area or preferably outside.
- Place the doilies on cardboard to keep them flat and ensure you have covered the whole doily.
- Apply two to three coats of PlastiKote Fluorescent spray paint. We chose Fluorescent in Pink and Green. Allow 5 – 10 minutes between coats.
- The doilies will be touch dry in 30-50 minutes and thoroughly dry in 2-3 hours.
- Use as placemats or as table centerpieces!