Delight your friends and family, particularly the younger ones, with these colourful and original sweet jars.
You will need:
Glass jars with lids
Toy animals or other small plastic toys
PlastiKote Stained Glass spray paint
PlastiKote Fast Dry Enamel
- Clean the jars thoroughly, removing any labels and allow to dry.
- Prepare your spraying area – best place is outside with dustsheets or newspaper laid out to protect the surface. If indoors, make sure the room is well-ventilated and the area masked with dustsheets and newspaper.
- Spray the glass jar with PlastiKote Stained Glass spray paint following the instructions on the can and building the colour to the level of translucency required. Allow to dry.
- Glue a toy animal to the top of the lid and allow to dry.
- When completely dry, spray the lid with Fast Dry Enamel in the colour of your choice. Again, follow instructions on the can. Allow to completely dry.
- Fill the jar with sweets and treats and top with the painted lid!
PlastiKote Stained Glass (7 colours) – £4.99 for 200ml can
PlastiKote Fast Dry Enamel (24 colours) – £3.99 for 100ml can
Available from Hobbycraft and good independent DIY/craft stores