In the first of our summer dining features we show you how to create beautiful vases for your table centrepiece from empty wine bottles.
You will need:
Empty wine bottles
PlastiKote Stained Glass Spray Paint
- Make sure the bottles are clean and dry.
- Spread newspaper/dust sheets out in a well-ventilated working area or preferably outside.
- Place the elastic bands around the bottle to suit your chosen design or pattern.
- Stick a garden cane into the earth and place the bottle over it. This will allow you to spray the whole bottle without touching it.
- Apply two to three coats of PlastiKote Stained Glass spray paint, depending on how translucent a finish you would like. We chose Stained Glass in Pink, Green and Yellow. Allow 5 – 10 minutes between coats.
- The bottles will be touch dry in 30-50 minutes and thoroughly dry in 2-3 hours.
- Remove the elastic bands.
- Use as table centrepieces, flower vases or as ornaments!